Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject of having VIBRATIONS AFTER REPLACING THE TRANSMISSION MOUNT has been discussed several times. I thought it could be of benefit to the community to briefly share my experience.

a) Was experiencing age related vibration and while replacing the front shaft's u-joints I also replaced the transmission mount (automatic)
b) Removed part was OEM, original Mopar from a 2004 Rubicon
c) Replaced it with DEA / MARMON RIDE CONTROL A2882 - a $10.10 part from RockAuto
d) Annoyingly noticeable vibrations developed at idle & 50+ mile range
e) I was convinced it was the transmission mount and purchased a $123 MOPAR part 52058551AB
f) After the installation of the original MOPAR mount, vibrations disappeared

NOTE: The generic part was stiffer and slightly higher than MOPAR

Vehicle: 2004 Rubicon - Automatic

It's all in part, it seems.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
The subject of having VIBRATIONS AFTER REPLACING THE TRANSMISSION MOUNT has been discussed several times. I thought it could be of benefit to the community to briefly share my experience.

a) Was experiencing age related vibration and while replacing the front shaft's u-joints I also replaced the transmission mount (automatic)
b) Removed part was OEM, original Mopar from a 2004 Rubicon
c) Replaced it with DEA / MARMON RIDE CONTROL A2882 - a $10.10 part from RockAuto
d) Annoyingly noticeable vibrations developed at idle & 50+ mile range
e) I was convinced it was the transmission mount and purchased a $123 MOPAR part 52058551AB
f) After the installation of the original MOPAR mount, vibrations disappeared

NOTE: The generic part was stiffer and slightly higher than MOPAR

Vehicle: 2004 Rubicon - Automatic

It's all in part, it seems.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Been there and also shelled out for the OEM mount that actually worked to eliminate vibrations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts