Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Auto threw the following codes the other night, 0700, 0720 and 0731. So I decided to try and change out the transmission fluid today.

All went well until it came time to put the pan back. I set the torque wrench according to the SM and started putting the pan back on. Three bolts went tight then seemed to pop a little and now they twist and don't tighten at all. I wasn't using very much strength so I have no idea what the hell I did.

Also this might be a dumb question but the transmission dipstick doesn't say low and full. It has cold and hot on it. I had a hard time trying to figure out where the fill line really was on the dipstick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know an easy fix to the leaking bolts? Or just break down and helicoil them?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
take the bolts out and look at them,see if the bolt threads are stripped or the tranny housing....either way sometimes you can take a little longer bolt with a nut on it,screw the bolt in until it bottoms out and then tighten the nut down ( that is how we kept harley shovelheads from stripping the exhaust bolt threads out of the heads )..if that won't work and it is possible I would rather go to the next bigger size...this is just personal preference cause I don't like helicoils

1 - 5 of 5 Posts