Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago my auto trany on my 89 yj decided to spill its fluid while just sitting in the driveway. It had been 2 days sense it was drove and it wasn't leaking before. It's poring out the trany to t-case gasket. Just don't understand how that gasket could go to shit just siting there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just one of those things. Most likely had a crack in it that finally split enough to start gushing.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It is a seal and very easy to replace, just take out the T-Case and you got it. <$5 but yes the T-Case has to come down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. But I'm working out of town so just gona trailer it home and drop off at the trany shop and go ahead and have the trany and t-case freshend up since I no a pretty good trany mech. It's got 215,000 miles on it so it won't hurt to rebuild them might throw on a sye while he's rebuilding the t-case sense it's already gona be out. Probably gona rebuild the motor to sense the rings are getting bad that way ill be ready for another 200,000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.