Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, today my tj decided it was gonna just stay in 1st gear. When in drive it will go in 1st then trys to shift but loses power. If i start manually in 1st then try to go to second it still stays in first. I have heard that the trany output speed sensor could be bad, but if so would i lose spedometer reading also? If anyone has info on any possible problems i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think this must be the scheduled transmission failure season. My 32 RH just went belly up yesterday. Torque converter lock solenoid failed and then no go in any gear. I have been looking at re-manufactured units and local repair.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Is your 32RH ATF level where it should be and was it filled with either ATF+3 or ATF+4? Any other type of ATF can cause problems inside the 32RH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all I'm sorry this happened to so many. I took her to the local trany shop and turns out second gear went out so they are rebuilding and reinstalling for 750$. Luckily the 32rh is a cheap and easy trany to rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts