Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 JK Firecracker Red Willys
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trashed off-road trails are becoming a common sight. Some people are using the trails as personal dump sites, leaving camping trash behind, and just simply throwing out trash on the trails. I decided to create RTC (RedwolfTrashCrew) to encourage other off-roaders to help clean up the trails. A lot of people aren’t able to join up with large trail cleanup groups due to various reasons such as schedule, work, or whatever else. RTC gives everyone an opportunity to feel like part of a real trail cleanup group even if they decide to go out solo on the trails. Being a member of RTC is about having responsibility, integrity and a desire to make the trails better for everyone to enjoy. Off-roading is a lot of fun, but nobody wants to off-road on trash filled trails. Do your part and help keep the trails clean!

If you want join, follow me on instagram @redwolftrashcrew or visit the website www.redwolftrashcrew.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that if you follow the instagram, and tag @redwolftrashcrew in your trail cleanup pictures you will receive an RTC decal for your Jeep.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
'13 JK
4,710 Posts
This is great. There are plenty of areas in CO that have a big problem that we try and clean up while we wheel. Wellsville in OH is a disaster a good amount of the time but I know a few groups that go out and do a large clean-up as well. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone, wheel and clean

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly. I had been tying a heavy duty trash bag to my spare tire and picking up as I go. I ended up getting one of the heavier duty canvas trail bags to go on the spare tire. One of the best mods you can buy!

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
Pretty cool...what if you don't do Instagram? And which bag did you get? This last year I picked one up from overland gear guy and it's pretty slick....

Attachments

Reactions: Crossbones

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a nice bag! I got mine from inca4x4.com

if you dont have instagram thats fine, just tag me on here if you want to participate and be part of the crew. Instagram is just where its most active and I keep it updated regularly. There is a large Jeep community on instagram.

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts
Trashed off-road trails are becoming a common sight. Some people are using the trails as personal dump sites, leaving camping trash behind, and just simply throwing out trash on the trails. I decided to create RTC (RedwolfTrashCrew) to encourage other off-roaders to help clean up the trails. A lot of people aren’t able to join up with large trail cleanup groups due to various reasons such as schedule, work, or whatever else. RTC gives everyone an opportunity to feel like part of a real trail cleanup group even if they decide to go out solo on the trails. Being a member of RTC is about having responsibility, integrity and a desire to make the trails better for everyone to enjoy. Off-roading is a lot of fun, but nobody wants to off-road on trash filled trails. Do your part and help keep the trails clean!

If you want join, follow me on instagram @redwolftrashcrew

View attachment 4471461
View attachment 4471466
I'd be tempted to dig through that pile of trash to search for anything that might identify the person(s) that left it. Then, scatter it on their lawn and in their bushes or in the hallway in front of their door if they live in an apartment.
It's fools like that that get the trails closed.

A couple years ago Mrs. Lucky and I were headed up a Colorado mountain pass and discovered a smoldering campfire at an empty disbursed campsite. It took us about an hour to put it out. Now, I always carry a shovel when I go off road. I'm not one for calling the cops, but for that, I would have if I knew who abandoned a smoking campfire.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Crossbones

·
Registered
'99 TJ 4.0 / '65 CJ5 V6 Tuxedo Park
11 Posts
Reviving an old thread here, but this is a great idea, especially with all of the "novices," to put it politely, that have been out there since COVID started.

I recommend always bringing a roll of contractor bags with you and picking up as much as space allows. If you've got a buddy with a truck it's especially handy. When we go out in the Potlatch, Idaho region, there are always trashed campsites left by college kids / inconsiderate locals. Bring some gloves, take the 15 minutes, and clean it up. You never know if it might be the difference between an area staying open or not. Plus, it's just the right thing to do- as we learned in Boy Scouts, leave it better than you found it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts