Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a White 2015 Jeep Wrangle rUnlimited with a black hardtop, but I want to go a few mods. I want to buy Ballistic Off Road 814 Jester 17/18 inch rims and want 33inch tires that look mean, but still get good mpg. I not sure what tire sizes I would need because at this time I don't want to do a lift. Also, I came crossed retreaded tires and I don't know much about them and are they worth it.

I also wanted to add a push button start and a backup camera because I really have enjoyed those features in my Acura.

Any feedback would be great.

·
Super Moderator
21,984 Posts
I have read so many negative reports on treadwrights in the last year. Apparently they changed ownership and have not been as good since. jeepforum has a large tire forum that has people complaining about them.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Still get good gas mileage? A retread isn't for you.
Consider the Toyo AT2, or BFG KO2. For some reason I'm getting way better gas mileage on the 35" BFG ko2 than the oem willys setup.
I would, however give daily driving and quietness to the Toyo at2. The bfg's ain't bad but the the toyos are the quietest AT tires I ever owned.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have read so many negative reports on treadwrights in the last year. Apparently they changed ownership and have not been as good since. jeepforum has a large tire forum that has people complaining about them.
Jadmt, can you post some links up? I was looking at purchasing a set to replace my Fierce Attitudes. However im having second thoughts after reading this. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
21,984 Posts
Go to jeepforum and jkforum and search treadwright

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm looking to buy a White 2015 Jeep Wrangle rUnlimited with a black hardtop, but I want to go a few mods. I want to buy Ballistic Off Road 814 Jester 17/18 inch rims and want 33inch tires that look mean, but still get good mpg. I not sure what tire sizes I would need because at this time I don't want to do a lift. Also, I came crossed retreaded tires and I don't know much about them and are they worth it.

I also wanted to add a push button start and a backup camera because I really have enjoyed those features in my Acura.

Any feedback would be great.
Between the two rim sizes you list I would go with 17", there are more brand options for 33" or larger. If you want a true 33" tires on 17" rims when "under load/mounted" on the Jeep, 285/75/17 or 305/70/17 these run about 33.2". If you want just under 33", 285/70/17 run about 32.5" "under load". There are others sizes but these seem to be the most popular sizes in the 33" range.

The difference in MPG between stock and tires in the 33" range is about 1-2 MPG, depending on the weight of your foot on the gas pedal and gears 3.21 vs 3.73.

·
Registered
260 Posts
4000 miles on my Guard Dogs 285/70/17s and they are aggressive for ATs.
My carcasses are Michelin LTXs.
Having said that, my previous rubbers are Nitto Terrain Grappler 265/70/17s....yes, the mileage dropped about a 1.5 MPGs. My balanced fine and run relatively quiet at 70+ mph, up to 80.
I did originally get a "trapper", but TW sent an extra one at NO CHARGE.
I don't carry a spare, it weighs in at 90+ lbs., but you get a taller tire that isn't quite as wide....it is the equivalent of 295. 33.3" TALL.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Guard Dogs

5 months since last report on Treadwrights.

Over 13k miles of highway and swamping Florida style and no problems.

.150" wear from new and all even at that.

I have only been high-centered twice and they run mud, water and grass.

Again, the 285/70/17 weighs 69 lbs, 90 on the 17" OEM alloy 3.21 OEM gears and it runs decently here in SoFlo, no lockers. 35s next time.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts