Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have (or had) the Guard Dogs from Treadwright? To they balance, run, and wear well? For the price they're very hard to pass up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've had 'em for the last few months, they are supposed to be "static" balanced per manufactorer specs and my shop had no problem doing it. In fact, they used less weights than the Goodyears that were on before.

The Guard Dogs are more of a very aggressive AT rather than a true mud tire, which is what I wanted, and I love them!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vtjohn said:
I've had 'em for the last few months, they are supposed to be "static" balanced per manufactorer specs and my shop had no problem doing it. In fact, they used less weights than the Goodyears that were on before.

The Guard Dogs are more of a very aggressive AT rather than a true mud tire, which is what I wanted, and I love them!
I've heard that they're very heavy compared to most tires like them, is that so?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have Treadwright Backbone 2's on my jeep. I have nothing but good things to say about the tire quality. Customer service is top notch as well.

·
KMG 365
918 Posts
Ahh the ol MTR tire pattern. A buddy has bought 2 sets of those. He has had nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
40000 miles on mine with no issues. I haven't even rebalanced mine since they were mounted. Maybe another 10-15 miles left on them. Couldn't be happier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts