Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't really seen anyone comparing the two but I am stuck between the Treadwright Guard Dogs or the Claw 2's and which one is better all around? Mostly going to be offroading in mud and doing highway driving

·
Registered
229 Posts
Haven't really seen anyone comparing the two but I am stuck between the Treadwright Guard Dogs or the Claw 2's and which one is better all around? Mostly going to be offroading in mud and doing highway driving
I just put 5 35x12.5r17 Guard Dogs on last week. I haven't hit any trails yet but I'm hoping to this week. So far I am happy with their highway performance. They have a mellow low hum, not loud at all. They are a little heavy. The tire guys had a little trouble getting two of them to balanced but they did get it done. The only complaint from them was the weight.

ForumRunner_20170813_002113.jpg

ForumRunner_20170813_002125.jpg

ForumRunner_20170813_002134.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put 5 35x12.5r17 Guard Dogs on last week. I haven't hit any trails yet but I'm hoping to this week. So far I am happy with their highway performance. They have a mellow low hum, not loud at all. They are a little heavy. The tire guys had a little trouble getting two of them to balanced but they did get it done. The only complaint from them was the weight.

View attachment 3711145

View attachment 3711153

View attachment 3711161
Awesome thank you! Are those the 8 ply or the 10 ply?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've got Gaurd Dog 31s on my TJ that have been in service for almost a year. I love them! They do great on dry roads but tend to get a little chatty when hard braking. Rain is ok, on Snow they have amazing traction. Off roaded once so far and they did awesome.
They also didn't want to balance as MCSDO said. Took a bit of weight on 2 of them. I had a friend mount and balance them cheap, but I don't think he found the heavy side of the tire to match with the light side of the rim. I bet if they got flipped they would balance better. I plan on doing balance beads eventually.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts