Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anybody know what the deal is with the treadwright tires? Are they still in business or just not selling 33" or bigger tires? Every time I try to order tires it says no longer in stock and not available for backorder. Also wondering if theres a local dealer selling these?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Treadwright sells tires literally so fast that they struggle to keep up. The lack of 33s (or 35s or whatever) is solely because they can't find enough quality casings in those sizes to make it worth their while to try and retread them. The sizes that are used on stock vehicles will be your best bet because there is a steady stream of quality used casings for them to aquire and remanufacture.

Keep in mind that any Treadwright tire is going to be taller and heavier than a "new" tire of the same size. Example: A 255/75-17 tire on a new JK will measure 31" when on the vehicle. But a Treadwright 255/75-17 tire will actually measure 32" tall when on the same vehicle. The tire will also gain 8-12 lbs. of weight during the retreading process.

Treadwright tires are top notch and will perform and last just like a "new" tire and some studies have shown a lower failure percentage with them than with "new" tires.

If they offered the 265/70-17 Claw in LT "C" I'd be all over a set. I've run the Guard Dog and Warden in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts