Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Fantastic tires. I've ran the Wardens and Guard Dogs both. Guard Dogs are loud as hell, but they bite really well and ride smooth and are great for all-around use. Wardens are a little more quiet, but still hummm on the highway. They are great for the 95% road/ 5% offroad guy. TW tires also have a great warranty, but you MUST get the tire shop to balance them on the STATIC setting on their machine to maintain the warranty. The tires are manufactured to be balanced this way. They roll very smooth down the highway afterward.

I've run them in 100 degree weather, below zero weather, ice, snow, mud, rocks, roots, towing heavy loads on the interstate, pretty much everything.

What you're getting is a used tire with new tread vulcanized to it. They specifically look for used tires that are high quality. So...what that means is all the defective tires have already been naturally weeded out during their "first life" and the ones that go on to become Treadwrights one day are healthy tires to begin with. This is why Treadwright tires have a VERY low failure rate compared to "new" tires.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info I was lookin at the guard dogs but I'll take a look at the others now. Just got a 3.75" lift on so I'm lookin for some bigger rubber

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am looking at 265/70/17 upgrading from stock. At the moment I do not want to get a lift and I want to use my stock wheels.
My question is, do any of you guys have 265/70/17 treadwright guard dogs? If so can someone post some photos of how they look?

·
Registered
171 Posts
when they showed up at the house

used and abused

after about a year and around 28k hard miles

they still had well over half tread after 2 years of driving when we traded off the rodeo

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i tried to get ahold of there company via email for a catalog -never heard back from them months ago,then i heard the went out of buisness,,,i may have to try again..

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
They are now starting to offer some tires with new rubber from bead to bead. These will be even closer to "new" and will last even longer. They also have introduced one or two new tread patterns this year. I'm waiting for them to start offering these features on more sizes. Not all their sizes have these new options right now.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
iiiiiiiiiiwhat no 15s,,,,,they only showed a pic of 1 and they were discontinued,,,just my luck,,

·
Registered
19 Posts
my buddy runs guard dogs and has nothing but great things to say about them, i almost got a set but there was a waiting list so i went with duratracs instead

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had treadwright on my old rig. they were awesome. i did a lot of research before i bought them. seemed to me that it was kind of a wash between good and bad with opinions. some said yay, some said nay. so i went for it and decided to find out myself. did a few runs with about 10 psi and they did very well. they typically tent to wear out fast cause they are a softer material, but they wore nicely.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
good looking tire,,keep us posted on how they do,,,

i wish they had had them in 15s i like the look of the gaurd dog,,

i may have to upgrade my yj to 17s,,,but dang i love 15s with alot of rubber but 15s around here are hard to find

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
@EastFamJk... are those the 255/75s? Can you measure them for us? I'd like to know how wide the tread is from edge to edge, and how tall they are mounted on the Jeep. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
@EastFamJk... are those the 255/75s? Can you measure them for us? I'd like to know how wide the tread is from edge to edge, and how tall they are mounted on the Jeep. Thanks.
Yes, they are just over 32" tall and right around 10" of tread.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yes, they are just over 32" tall and right around 10" of tread.
Wow, just over 32" tall while on the Jeep... that's what I suspected. They are the same height as a 33" "new" tire. Thanks.

Do you find that the road noise is excessive?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, just over 32" tall while on the Jeep... that's what I suspected. They are the same height as a 33" "new" tire. Thanks.

Do you find that the road noise is excessive?
Yeah the treadwrights are a little larger than an normal tire.
The road noise is not bad at all. Even with a soft top. There is a little hum but nothing bad at all. I like the sound... And my wife didnt even notice any differance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts