Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone's doing fine! New young builder here, I've had my Jeep for 5 years now but I've been finishing school and keeping busy with work. I've used it only as a DD but I'm finally free and I've got time to really take advantage of the awesome ride I've got.

I'll be posting as often as I can with the modifications and builds I make but I figured I'd start with some essentials first, lighting, stands, seats, etc.

My first change to the car, I got some Delta Tech Xenon Headlight Kit, I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of change that will make on my late night commute home.

So many things I want to do and so little time I'm just happy to get involved with such an awesome community! If you have any suggestions or advice, I'm all ears! I also attached a few recent pics of my ride enjoying the snow we got.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I started a few of my purchases this week, first off I got my Delta Tech DOT headlights, not a big modification but definitely worth looking into since the headlights that came with Atitlan are pretty poor.

I also ordered myself some quadratech floor liners, I got Husky floor liners as a gift and they don't do a single thing. I know that a little dirt isn't bad but these floor liners are completely bent and let everything thru.

I'm interested in getting some new tires, I'm looking at the Duratrac's, I'm mostly a DD but interested in starting to do some beginner off-roading. I've heard A/T is the way to go but I'm not sure what options suit me best?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got all of my items quicker than expected, I thought I'd be doing some work next week. I got my Delta headlights and Quadratech floor liners. I'm so happy with both purchases.

First off the headlights where such a breeze to install, they look good and it's exactly what i was looking for. At a low cost they have a pretty high output, overall much better than the factory lights I had installed.

The floor liners are a much better fit, they cover way more ground and it looks natural. I also think that the liners look much sleeker than the Husky's I had in there. Really pleased with them.

I figured I still have some time on my hands so I looked into the mesh grill and figured I'd try it out. I really like the look of it and besides being slightly tedious it wasn't that bad of an install.

So far I'm pretty pleased with what I've got and I'm really looking forward to the next few purchases.

:iamhappy:

Tires (Duratracs v. Kelly Safari)
Bumpers (LOD's v Olympic 4x4)
Side Step (Ace Rock Sliders??)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Hey Bryan,

Your rigs really coming together. Crats on finishing school!!! I've been down that road before.

Can't wait to see whats next.

Jase

PS: Love the lights!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, calling a Jeep a "car" will get you flogged by the community. I noticed your Delta's look like they are angled in the mounts in the first picture, but it is hard to tell in the subsequent pictures if they are still rotated? The quad bar headlights are designed to fit with the bars showing vertically and horizontally without any rotation. Maybe I am just going crazy and seeing things. At any rate, good looking car, err Jeep, you have there!

RockMJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, calling a Jeep a "car" will get you flogged by the community. I noticed your Delta's look like they are angled in the mounts in the first picture, but it is hard to tell in the subsequent pictures if they are still rotated? The quad bar headlights are designed to fit with the bars showing vertically and horizontally without any rotation. Maybe I am just going crazy and seeing things. At any rate, good looking car, err Jeep, you have there!

RockMJ
You're totally right, I noticed it the other day, I noticed that the lights were at a slight angle while I was playing around with it. It's been quite the week with the weather we've been having so I really haven't gotten a chance to go out and fix it yet. Thanks for heads up!

I've learned my lesson the C word is :censored:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Lol when I was reading your first post and saw you said the c word I though ohhhh he's gonna get some flak for that lol but welcome and get ready to spend a ton of cash but have fun doing it. I saw your ideas for upgrades and I have two of the things you were looking at duratracs and ace rails and have nothing but great things to say about them. As I see your a fellow New Yorker the duratracs are amazing in the snow and great all around steet/off-road tire. The rock rails are solid as hell and work as a step. Your lights look cool and hope to see more updates subscribed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts