Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of MaxTrax Recovery Skids but those cost $300 which seems way too high for me. For a bit more you could have a winch that will do more than just provide traction.

Then I came across these:

http://www.tred4x4.com/

They're about half the price but I'm wondering if they're half as good. Granted $159 (Amazon) is still a bit salty but it's a lot better than $300.

Anyone have any experience with these skids?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I've heard of MaxTrax Recovery Skids but those cost $300 which seems way too high for me. For a bit more you could have a winch that will do more than just provide traction.

Then I came across these:

TRED 4x4

They're about half the price but I'm wondering if they're half as good. Granted $159 (Amazon) is still a bit salty but it's a lot better than $300.

Anyone have any experience with these skids?
I have been looking at the same on amazon but worry they are like the smitty bilt ones that have a terrible reputation for breaking the first time you use them.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking at the same on amazon but worry they are like the smitty bilt ones that have a terrible reputation for breaking the first time you use them.
Exactly... I'd feel better if I knew they were tested and proven durable.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Expedition Journal did a test on some different styles. Not sure if the TRED was in that test or not.
Might try a search to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts