Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I can see, I don't think your insurance co is going to go for totaling it. Unless there is a lot more damage than the photos show.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy came too look at it last night said the frame is bent for sure. both air bags went off and my middle console basically exploded lol. and the passenger side wheel has a major lean. radiator busted poor poor jeep 12k miles

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah, I doubt it is totalled. Just pay your deductible, upgrade your hood, bumper and even grille if you want. Get everything else repaired. Done.

If they total it out, buy it back, fix it yourself. Otherwise call me and I will buy it for a trail rig...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I hope they total it. I mean the roof panels don't line up, the airbags deployed, and the frame is bent. It'll never drive the same.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My exp with insurance is that once the frame is bent it's totaled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I'm hopein they total it. Just hope I can find another crush close by. Guess Ill try out that zone lift warranty guy at offroad shop said dont worries if u total your jeep they replace the lift.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to hear no one was injured.

I learned a long time ago to not dodge ANY animal in the road (I also totalled a car). I will slow down to the best of my ability, but I won't leave the road.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If the frame is bent and the airbags went off you probably are going to wish they total it. You'll lose tons of resale value otherwise.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad misfortune, but I wish it had 1/2 doors on it I'd seriously be interested in them. Doesn't look bad from pics, but guess adjuster will tell you. My buddies Cobra GT500 Mustang just got repaired by insurance company they sectioned the car. It'll depend if the damage equals 80% of the value they'll put a new frame under it if it's cheaper than paying out on it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I used to be an auto claims adjuster. From what I can see, I'm betting its not totaled.

Did you hit the deer at all? If not, there's a good chance they'll ding you for an at fault collision rather than a comp claim. Sucks, I know. Never swerve for animals!

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Sorry about the wreck. It always sucks when you have to live with what an insurance company will pay for. I wrecked my 2010 Camaro and it was jacked up far worse than your Jeep. My airbags didn't deploy. The repair shop took the car apart and actually straightened the frame. So a bent frame = totaled vehicle isn't true. My had about 14k worth of work done and basically the entire front end replaced.

Here's what you might be able to do. Depending on the shop you can see if they will use the OEM replacement part value towards aftermarket parts. For example, if an OEM front bumper costs $400 then see if you can make up the difference if you're in a position to. Insurance companies might not have a problem if your new bumper will help prevent damage if another incident occurred.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hope that it is totaled. The moment you call the Insurance company it's going into the system as a 'major wreck'. It probably won't ever run the same again and if you try to resell it you will take a 20-30% hit due to the accident.

Ask me how I know....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts