Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Trek Armor Sun Shade and I need a little guidance on the install. It came with 3 footman loops. It was not inherently obvious to me last night on how to remove the plastic trim piece at the top of the windshield. I was also wondering if I could just skip adding the center one and use the factory footman loop since I do not see myself leaving the sun shade on when I reinstall the hardtop in the fall.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I just purchased the Trek Armor Sun Shade and I need a little guidance on the install. It came with 3 footman loops. It was not inherently obvious to me last night on how to remove the plastic trim piece at the top of the windshield. I was also wondering if I could just skip adding the center one and use the factory footman loop since I do not see myself leaving the sun shade on when I reinstall the hardtop in the fall.

Thanks
To remove that piece, you need to remove the visors. Grab the trim piece at the center and pull backward and down, it will release the clips in the center and you can just work your fingers behind it to release the other clips. I can't answer anything about the shade.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info, i think I will give it a try this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts