Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If you can afford it...twill all day long. I have a twill supertop and friend has a trektop in black diamond. It's cooler on hot days and warmer on cold days in mine. Also, I've been blessed :) with sensitive ears and the 40mil windows with the twill help more then I expect.

On her black diamond you hear more road noise, wind noise, and the temps are greater. The only thing I notice compared to my hardtop is the wind noise at the header and the slightly increased noise of motors going by my rear windows. It also looks nicer

My twill top is very close to my hardtop in many aspects.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I LOVE how black the twill is compared to the diamond fabric, too. Noise and temperature are great with the twill. We don't notice a huge difference between my twill and Mike's hard top, either. The twill top is really nice. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the black diamond (didn't even know if they made the black twill when I bought mine? Is it a new thing?). I really like it, but I haven't seen the twill one to see what the differences are in them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll be installing my new black diamond tomorrow. The thing I couldn't get past was the price difference. I haven't seen the twill in person, but it was hard for me to imagine how it could be almost twice as nice as the black diamond. This will be the first trektop I've put on a JK, but I've had 2 on TJ's in the past.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I have the black diamond (didn't even know if they made the black twill when I bought mine? Is it a new thing?). I really like it, but I haven't seen the twill one to see what the differences are in them.
The twill fabric came out for the 2013s. It is SUPER BLACK! The inside is super black, too. The diamond is lighter on the inside than the outside. I REALLY like how dark it is.

I've never ridden in a jeep with the black diamond fabric, so I can't comment on that. But the premium twill fabric is almost as quiet as Mike's hard top. Haven't had any leaks on mine so far (knock on wood!). It keeps the cold in and the hot out in the warm weather. In the winter, the heater works TOO well! LOL Even with the soft top, I couldn't run my heat full blast, full heat more than ten minutes or so, before I had to turn the temperature down.

Regardless of what material anyone has, in nice weather an open soft top is better than a hard top any day! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the fastback look. I am hoping to pull the trigger on a trektop nx as well here in the next few days. Does your top (either twill or black diamond) have straps that go from the rear of the top to the back tailgate near the spare tire? I want a nice clean look and also may want to run a tonno cover for the summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love the fastback look. I am hoping to pull the trigger on a trektop nx as well here in the next few days. Does your top (either twill or black diamond) have straps that go from the rear of the top to the back tailgate near the spare tire? I want a nice clean look and also may want to run a tonno cover for the summer.
Yes, they run down and hook inside the lip on the tub between the tailgate and the corner curve. Of course, with the windows in you'd never know they're there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good morning. I wanted to suggest to use the youtube video for the installation instructions. Very easy to follow and should take you more or less 2.5 hours by yourself. The only thing that I did not do right, was to connect the quarter panel side to the door surround. So I thought that I did it the right way by closing the rear door and getting a seal. Then the thing pop out while driving and I had to stop to lodge the edge back in thinking that i had installed this thing right.

Well, yesterday my neighbor had a friend visiting and the guy had a JKU with a trektop NX. It took him two minutes to show me how to insert the quarter panel into the door surround. Basically un zip the two side rear window and the top of the quarter panels zipper and only leave the zipper at two inches. Also take the bottom portion and wedge it out so that you can wedge the quarter panel into the door surround. Two minutes later and done..... I can take some pics.... The Trek top NX is very nice.....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It came in!!! But I have to wait until Friday for my spouse to get here. I don't know if I can remove the hard top by myself!!! Urgh

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
It came in!!! But I have to wait until Friday for my spouse to get here. I don't know if I can remove the hard top by myself!!! Urgh
Congratulations! Can't wait to see it installed! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had the nx in twill for about a month now and I love it! The material feels a lot thicker and the windows are noticeably beefier. It's pretty darn quiet too! I had the windows out running just the top and my uncle was amazed at how quiet it was even then. Letting everything heat up in the sun for a while is a must. The windows are thick and the sun will loosen them up like hot butter so you can zip everything up. Be patient, unlike myself. I ripped the stitches in the rear window zipper about three inches because I decided to try to install the top on a cool day in between rain showers....fail!! Surprising, if you get all the zippers started you can run the heater full blast for 15 minutes or so and get the same effect if the sun is a no show.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i've had the nx in twill for about a month now and i love it! The material feels a lot thicker and the windows are noticeably beefier. It's pretty darn quiet too! I had the windows out running just the top and my uncle was amazed at how quiet it was even then. Letting everything heat up in the sun for a while is a must. The windows are thick and the sun will loosen them up like hot butter so you can zip everything up. Be patient, unlike myself. I ripped the stitches in the rear window zipper about three inches because i decided to try to install the top on a cool day in between rain showers....fail!! Surprising, if you get all the zippers started you can run the heater full blast for 15 minutes or so and get the same effect if the sun is a no show.
image-2442018006.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it and how much did you pay? I found the twill trektop nx but it was for 1299. Did it come with all the hardware?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will agree with everyone that the twill top is superior for noise reduction. I bought mine from Quadratec - for $1,293 - had to ask for a price match from 4wd.com. Supertop NX for a JKU 2014

1 - 20 of 25 Posts