Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new Trektop NX from Morris and received it the next day. Layed it out and started to work. I agree.... those instructions leave a lot to be desired especially if this is your first time at this. I was lucky to have watched a couple of videos which really helped. Its not quite as easy as they show it either. Took me a couple of hours just because i was cleaning some of the spots that you just dont notice. They are tight, but mine zipped up pretty well. I did notice unlike the OE you cant just roll up the back window. Looks like you have to take it out. Thats pretty simple.... but you have to store it. I like the flip up sun roof.... thou id like to have seen it have an elbow about half way to reduce the length and clean up the lines better. You attach straps from the top to the top roll bar making it difficult to just take the top off when you are out. It requires loosening the speakers. I bought the top for the sunroof since we have a lot of pop up showers here in Fl during the summer. All in all great buy.

I also painted the fenders with fusion black flat to get that chalky look gone. I had tried about everything..... she looks pretty good if it lasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey, looks great. Congrats on getting that installed.

I like my Trektop NX, the sunrider and bikini style...but also playing with how to go virtually topless without removing it. I start by unpinning the bars that flip the sunrider back, squishing/rolling the fabric to just be over the soundbar, and rolling the back of the bikini up under the rest of the fabric. This would maximize the total sunlight coming in. This would only be for when we got somewhere and wanted to feel topless, but didn't want to totally remove the top (like a day at the lake, etc).

Haven't perfected this yet. I think I'll need some velcro straps to hold the unpinned sunrider bars to the roll bars. Fiddled with it for 5 minutes, but I think it'll work out once I get a better method.

Also working on rolling up with windows in some thin sheets and velcro strapping them onto my trunk area.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say, its a lot easier to flip that top back. Those side clips go on and off so easy. I needed a screw driver to pull them out on the OE. The material is easier to work with too. It would have been nice to have a POCKET attached to the inside roof to store those windows instead of taking so much space up in the rear. They may have gotten away with putting those tie downs that have to go behind the speaker (bit of a pain) just on the other side of them. Now lets see if it lasts as long as the warranty here in the Fl sun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts