Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my epic new Trektop NX yesterday on my 2 door JK and was trying to figure out something with the "Protective Flaps" mentioned in the manual. I'm fairly certain these are the flaps of fabric with velcro on them running about 2/3 the length of the top about a foot in on either side. When ya run bikini mode, as far as I can tell, you're supposed to fold these outward and let them "wrap" around the zipper.

So... when I put the rear windows on, these go... where, flipped inside and on top of the rear bars? Sorry if that's not the best description, I'll see what I can do to get pictures when (if) it stops raining.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm about to buy the Trektop, glad I came across this! I found your video yesterday Mike, it pretty much convinced me to buy it ha. I've been debating for awhile whether to get it or not.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take pictures later, but I have the rear window rolled up right now and I'm using the velcro on the "protective flaps" to hold it in place. I unzipped the sides and rolled the window up. Then I sandwiched a strip of one-wrap between the flap and the top of the rear corner, ran it under the rolled window, and pressed it along the velcro hanging on the protective flap. Has so far held up at highway speeds. Probably not the best thing for the window, but it'll do until I find a better way to store it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts