Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone who has the fastback style bowless trektop NX, is it possible to go topless without completely removing the top?
I saw on the 2 door model a video of a guy rolling the back portion forward and tucking it under the sunrider portion, is that possible with the 4 door?
Thanks

·
Vendor
5,688 Posts
Hey all!

So with the Trektop NX you do not have the ability to go completely topless, just remove the sides and back then flip back the Sunrider. However, I have seen people on here come up with a way to roll and tuck the top in to basically go topless. We can't support this as we have never tried and tested it for any possible safety issues. Our Supertop NX does fold back like the OEM and you can go topless, however it is not the fastback look. I am not sure if this helps or not - let me know if you have any other questions! *CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm confused, so with the Trektop NX, you cant take off the whole top part? I just always assumed that was easily removable as well. Been wanting to get one, but if I cant take the whole thing off as easily as I can with my stock top I may rethink that

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm confused, so with the Trektop NX, you cant take off the whole top part? I just always assumed that was easily removable as well. Been wanting to get one, but if I cant take the whole thing off as easily as I can with my stock top I may rethink that
To remove the bikini top, you have to pull two pins, 2 springs, and pull 2 clips. Pretty sure it would take 2-3 mins tops to remove the entire top once you get the hang of everything that goes into installing the top. I just installed mine yesterday for the first time and it probably took me an hour. Bestop's youtube video is really helpful with the install.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll roll mine up from the back, bungee cord it as a roll to the front cross bar, then just sit it down across the back gate with a bungee into the tub rear tie-down points. That way I have it with me should the sun get too hot, or the rain starts up! I'll roll the rear window into it as well. The side windows just get tossed in the rear. Yeah. maybe all of 5 minutes to do all that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have owned the 4 door version. While it is not bowless, you can easily remove them.

You can flip the top backward and open the top for the front passengers. The rear passengers get just a little opening. But if you undo the sound bar straps that middle section can be pulled backward to expose a lot more opening for the rear passengers.

The rear window and quarter panels can be removed, leaving just the top.

I sold mine but only because I want the same thing in twill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts