Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing popping at the front edge at windshield contact point for a month or so (maybe longer) that is exacerbated when coming to a stop after traveling at highway speed. On way home from work yesterday I noticed that the passenger side front loop latch is not as tight, nor has as much tension on the handle as when latched on the driver's side. Anyone else with a similar issue? I've reseated the front edge. No leaking so top is sealed. I don't hear a difference with front air noise.

[email protected]?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try unlocking those two latches but keep them looped on the windshield. Loosen the two straps at the back of the Jeep and adjust the top left to right and front to back. Then try to latch them again. I noticed that my top was a bit askew and that lead to one side being much harder to close. This adjustment straightened it out.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try unlocking those two latches but keep them looped on the windshield. Loosen the two straps at the back of the Jeep and adjust the top left to right and front to back. Then try to latch them again. I noticed that my top was a bit askew and that lead to one side being much harder to close. This adjustment straightened it out.
I've often wondered if these things can still fit, but do so catiwompus.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this took care of it. Coincidentally I think that this was the quickest I ever got the top put back together, referencing window installation and such. Probably 10" max.. As per another thread photo, I removed my bungee ball cords to hold the top flap at the sound bar and ran the straps through the back edge of the hardtop fastener holes (secured since the hooks don't fit through the holes) and then straped them to the fastener.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts