Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was trying to decide on what soft top to order, I couldn't find any TJ owner with the twill Trektop NX. I bit the bullet and ordered it after seeing JK owners rave about how awesome the same fabric is on the premium OEM top. Well my top finally came in and the weather was just warm enough to install it. I'll echo every Trektop thread ever when I say that those rear zippers were a royal PITA on a 65F overcast day. Otherwise, installation was very smooth. My favorite part is how the door surrounds look factory and how the tail gate retention bracket fits the same holes in the tub as OEM. Here's some pictures of the top and a close up of the twill material (since I couldn't find one before I ordered mine). It feels like more of a fabric compared to the rubbery sailcloth. We'll see how it holds up, but it feels super nice and heavy.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Gotta say that looks super clean... nice job Invert. If that's the same material as the premium JK tops, I'm sold! I've been up in the air for awhile now on which top to purchase... I think you just made up my mind for me. ;)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Nice looking top.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great post! Having owned a premium top 2013 JK and now a sail cloth oem 2006, I do in fact miss the premium. This winter it will be on the top of my purchasing list. Thank you for the pics, I have been wanting to see some more detailed shots. Can you snap a few from inside the jeep?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great post! Having owned a premium top 2013 JK and now a sail cloth oem 2006, I do in fact miss the premium. This winter it will be on the top of my purchasing list. Thank you for the pics, I have been wanting to see some more detailed shots. Can you snap a few from inside the jeep?
Sure thing. Anything in particular?

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
I've got the Supertop NX in twill...just waiting for a warm (and dry) enough day to pull the hard top and install the new soft top.

What's the interior sound like now?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the Supertop NX in twill...just waiting for a warm (and dry) enough day to pull the hard top and install the new soft top.

What's the interior sound like now?
The interior is super quiet now even at lower speeds. I'm thinking that material absorbs more sound because all I can hear is my engine/trans/tires now but they're quieter than before. I did notice that with just the driver window down the top flaps against the door surround knobs on top a little. Still quieter than before though. I don't think you'll have that issue with the supertop though since it has a frame.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fit of the door surrounds is very good

Header meets the windshield

You have to loosen the sound bar to attach this strap. I may buy another strap to lengthen it so I don't have to do that

I'm still trying to figure out what this is. Its a sailcloth panel about 12" x4" with Velcro on it, but I'm not sure what its for.

This is what the inside of the twill fabric looks like. Very soft and seems to deaden sound.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah that looks nice. Mine came in yesterday, but I'm waiting until the weekend to install.

I'm glad I went with this top, I think it's going to look nice on my rig.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ever figure out what that Velcro is for? Only thing that I think is missing from this top, and I can believe bestop hasn't incorporated it yet, is the window storage pockets.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ever figure out what that Velcro is for? Only thing that I think is missing from this top, and I can believe bestop hasn't incorporated it yet, is the window storage pockets.
I haven't been able to figure out what that Velcro is for yet. I agree, I wish there was a way to easily store the windows. They have a removable plastic piece inside of them so if you remove that they should roll up.

So does this top use the stock door surround and tailgate bar??
No they send you new door surrounds and new tailgate bar and bracket. The new door surrounds are identical except for a slot for the bow tensioner and a pin connection for the sun rider. The tailgate bar is narrower than oem so you need to install their bar retainer brackets. They line up to stock holes in the tub though so I just reused my oem screws.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts