Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking for so reviews and comparisons between the 2 I'm ordering one this week and can't seem to find much one way or another on them. I really like that softopper is a straight up American product made in Colorado just worried about the fitment. And bestop being the factory manufacturer gives me some peace of mind with them as a brand. So if you own one shoot let me know your thoughts. It will be going on a 13 jk 2 door. Going with black diamond in both becaus so have a hard top for winter so no reason to waste th money on the more expensive material. Finally, this is my first soft top jeep only came with hard top, I really like the fast back frameless style and the price point however I'm open to suggestions thanks

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not familiar with the softopper but I just installed a Trektop NX on my 12 JKU this weekend and I love it so far. It's super tight so it's tough to install. If you watch the Youtube installation videos coupled with the written instructions it's not that difficult. I will say that the Trektop NX is difficult to take completely down so if you want to go fully topless often then another top may be a better option for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not familiar with the softopper but I just installed a Trektop NX on my 12 JKU this weekend and I love it so far. It's super tight so it's tough to install. If you watch the Youtube installation videos coupled with the written instructions it's not that difficult. I will say that the Trektop NX is difficult to take completely down so if you want to go fully topless often then another top may be a better option for you.
Right on thanks. In the end it has to be easier then hauling the hard top on and off. I'll wait and see if a softopper owner chips in

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I really liked my trektop that I had on my 2-door. It was a little snug when cold out, but bestop makes really good stuff. I'm shopping for a soft top for my 4-door and would also be interested in hearing some softopper reviews.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really liked my trektop that I had on my 2-door. It was a little snug when cold out, but bestop makes really good stuff. I'm shopping for a soft top for my 4-door and would also be interested in hearing some softopper reviews.
The problem I have Seen is plenty tj reviews but the jk crowd is quiet

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I put in the order for the softopper in black twill I'll get pics up when it comes in

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
It's almost the same as the Trektop NX. I don't know, the metal surrounds do nothing for me, especially if running it in cold weather.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok got it on tonight just in time for it to drop 40 degrees and start raining, stupid Indiana Tourettes having weather..... any way I'll get some picks tomorrow. But right out the box super simple build and install simple instructions and super crazy tight can not wait for it to warm up and loosen up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts