Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that officially this top only goes as far as the bikini top, but is there a way to sort of hillbilly rig it to be completely topless? Can you roll up the bikini top in any way and secure it more than just the sun rider feature?

·
Registered
166 Posts
You'd need to take it all the way off. The front sunrider section would have to be detached from the header bar in order to remove the entire top section. Since this involves removing screws and such, I wouldn't think it'd be that great an idea. My .02

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Hey Espo, you owe me a beer.:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
OH also, if you want to remove the complete top, roll it up like I show in the video, then undo the 2 straps that go around the sound bar. The sunrider bows have quick disconnects on them to remove them from the door surrounds, then just remove the cables from the brackets and the whole top comes off. Easy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, I stand corrected!! I guess I should consult YouTube before I start blabbing my .02....btw Espo78, great video! Can't wait for it to get warm enough to try this out- LOVE THOSE WHEELS too!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Ok, I stand corrected!! I guess I should consult YouTube before I start blabbing my .02....btw Espo78, great video! Can't wait for it to get warm enough to try this out- LOVE THOSE WHEELS too!
Thanks man! The Jury is still out on whether this technique works on a 4 door..so far it's been too cold for anyone that's seen my video to try it! Haha. I'm dying to know though, since I've never messed with the JKU version of the Trektop before. Let me know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I've actually seen that technique, I'm just wondering if it'll work on my 4 door. Trying to decide between the Trektop and Supertop is hard!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great video!
That may work on a 2 door, but this will not work on the 4 door as easily. The rear cross bar is held in brackets that are not that easy to undo. I would be very concerned about the plastic clips breaking if manipulated to many times.
I'm also surprised that your top did not flap (sun rider mode) at that speed. Mine flapped at anything over 50mph.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Ah I wasn't aware of plastic clips on the 4 door. Bummer. I did get some flapping initially in sunrider mode. That is what prompted me to try to roll up the rear portion. Also the straps in the rear come undone quite a bit no matter how tight I pull them. Rolling up the rear solved that issue too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts