Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll let you know how it goes. I was having difficulty figuring out what was the hardware from my old bestop and what was actually supposed to be there lol.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
haha....best word of advice there.......remove EVERYTHING from the previous soft top setup. You won't use any of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I looked at the install instructions that come in the box and it says I need some sort of sealant and power tools?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
navyspence92 said:
Also I looked at the install instructions that come in the box and it says I need some sort of sealant and power tools?
I used no sealant. Only a power screwdriver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well an hour and a half and a few beers later and I've got it all setup. Still have to let it warm up a bit to get the back window to zip all the way lol. Definitely a tight fit. Thanks for your help! No more wet back seats for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still can not get my back window to zip. It seems like nothing I do will give me the slack to make the zipper connect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I zipped the back window in with the rear channels out. It was easier to pull on those pull downs on the top and secure it in the channels than it was to zip it in.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I still can not get my back window to zip. It seems like nothing I do will give me the slack to make the zipper connect.
Easiest way I have found is this
1. Start all zippers
2. Slide in rear corners
3. Zip back window to center it
4. From back to front all insert all trim tabs
5. Insert door surround tabs
6. Zip the top rear window panel

Initially getting to get the rear window to connect is very difficult due to the way its stitched. But be patient and post pics when you're done.

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
A reminder that warmer the temperature the better. Last summer I installed mine in full sun, and 95 degrees. It was a killer on me but things did zip easier for the install. It also seems it took a few weeks of hot weather before everything stretched where it needed to be. Just follow the post's above and it will work out. :)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If you weather is mild like ours is here in the Houston area (75* today), I would suggest removing the windows and then reinstalling them. The outside temp plays the biggest role in getting everything together, but everytime the windows are removed and reinstalled....the install gets easier. The fabric settles in and stretches with each install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Easiest way I have found is this
1. Start all zippers
2. Slide in rear corners
3. Zip back window to center it
4. From back to front all insert all trim tabs
5. Insert door surround tabs
6. Zip the top rear window panel

Initially getting to get the rear window to connect is very difficult due to the way its stitched. But be patient and post pics when you're done.
THIS! It took me longer than I care to admit, busted knuckles, and the invention of new adjectives to figure this out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts