Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a nice day so i decided to install my trektop nx, :atomic:epic fail! I got to section 16 step 1 (i believe) where after installing the rear rib you close the sunrider top. The sunrider top would not close past 45* :censored::censored::censored:! trying to force it only caused the center bow to pop out of the frame and the clip to shoot across the jeep. A call to bestop had me unhooking the springs and trying to close it, no dice. They have no idea how but one of the rib pockets must be in the wrong location, so they are sending me a replacement fabric. oh but wait........they are out of stock so it will be at least a week before they can ship them out :facepalm: fml

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wow That sux!
I started to put my trektop on last night after a nice sunny hot day, well until I started on the top that is. The clouds rolled in just after pulling my old top off and before long the rain started. I got it on enough to keep the rain mostly out last night and went at it again this morning. It rained all day, not real hard just enough to get a nide puddle on the top so when I tried to adjust things I would get the random soaking. I didn't get the NX so I didn't have the frame to deal with but without the sun that was out until the minute I started it has been a fight.
Its nothing compared to your story but at least you know you are not alone with top battles.hopefully your parts get to you sooner than expected and it fixes your problem.
In a month it will be a good story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts