Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to get the Trektop for my jeep. I think it looks rather sleek and is cheaper. Does anyone out there have one or have reviews on it compared to other soft tops.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A friend of mine has a TrekTop on her 4 door JK. She loves it. She has no complaints and it doesn't leak at all.

I think her's was installed at a shop though. She didn't do it herself. I know that any soft top, if improperly installed and aligned, will leak and have fitment issues. So if you're not mechanically inclined or if you've never owned a soft top then you may wanna have a shop put it on.

Or you could do it yourself and learn through trial and error...:doh:...:doh:...:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2dr version of the trektop nx and love it! The tailgate bar is my only complaint. It doesnt use stock version so it is a pain to figure out the first few times. But i would buy again defenitely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the original version and love how it looks but one thing I found out after is that soft doors dont fit trek top like regular soft tops. Also the new version lets you undo back side windows where mine are not remove able. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I got the original version and love how it looks but one thing I found out after is that soft doors dont fit trek top like regular soft tops. Also the new version lets you undo back side windows where mine are not remove able. Hope this helps

What Biggjeeper said and when you drop the top in summer you can roll it up and put it behind the rear seat without having the folded down top interfering with the rear door access. The only big problem I have with mine is that if the temp is below 70 it is a huge pita to put back on.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Here is the Trektop NX for my 2 dr. Love the top

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Damn.........

What Biggjeeper said and when you drop the top in summer you can roll it up and put it behind the rear seat without having the folded down top interfering with the rear door access. The only big problem I have with mine is that if the temp is below 70 it is a huge pita to put back on.

Here's mine:

-----------------------
If I didn't know better, I would thing U stole my Jeep, if it weren't for the soft-top :rolleyes:

Good choice :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts

Here's mine:

:thumb: Niice! Thats what I'd like to do to mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am also looking at buying this and using it for the summer. How quickly can you take it off (fold it back)?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am also looking at buying this and using it for the summer. How quickly can you take it off (fold it back)?
I take my time and it takes less than 10 min. I roll it up nice an tight and it fits perfectly behind the rear seat. You can roll it up so that just the area above the seats is open, but I prefer to take it all the way off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a hard top and want to buy a trektop for the summer months too. Is any hardware or frame needed with them or is it frameless?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Trektops are frameless. I have the Trektop NX sitting in my basement just waiting for spring to arrive. The Trektop NX has a sunrider feature as well that sold me on that top. Hey, Rics1997, gret pic... I have a 2 door JK...good visual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts