Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Y'all, I purchased a second hand Trektop nx over the winter and just got around to putting it on.

Today I go to get in and see this at the back. It appears it has a effing hole and the stitching is pulling up at the threads.

Any ideas how to patch this???

rip1.jpg

rip2.jpg

rip3.jpg

please help, we are expecting rain in the next day or 2

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey Yall, i purchased a second hand trektop nx over the winter and just got around to putting it on.

today i go to get in and see this at the back. it appears it has a effin hole and the stitching is pulling up at the threads.

any ideas how to patch this????

View attachment 2972137

View attachment 2972145

View attachment 2972153

please help, we are expecting rain in the next day or 2

Is it still under warranty? If so, take a picture and send it to customer service where you bought the top. They will begin the warranty process and Bestop will send you the replacement for that panel. At least that's how they do it in the USA.

As to your original question, I don't know how you'd patch it up. But I'd just slap on duct tape. Hahaha

Good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOOO, I went to a place here in town that does custom car trim and rebuilds soft tops on old cars. they gave me some vinyl cement and some canvas.they said this should work but wont look the best. im gonna give it a go and post some pics for everyone just in case anyone else has this issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts