Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at doing an axle upgrade to a d44 thats setup for a tri-4link setup..

ive heard/read of people running this setup but im not quite sure how it works and what is different about it from a stock suspension or even if its for a tj..

any help?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
A dual triangulated 4 link setup is awesome. It has tons of advantages and many disadvantages that just require lots of research to get over. There are tons of geometry issues involved with setting up a proper 4 link kit. In my opinion, if you aren't in for all the extra leg work of figuring out what happens when you move this mount here I'd really suggest a weld on kit from someone like poly.

They have a complete weld on kit for a rear 4 link upgrade. And in my opinion it is great! Check it out here.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=2072&cat=312&page=1

This is not a dual triangulated kit. It uses triangulated uppers to ditch the rear track bar. And I hate track bars with a passion so that makes this kit great! :D

If you are saying the axle you want to stuff under your rig already has brackets welded to it and you want to make it work for your jeep then you are getting into more of a tricky spot. If so, can I see pics of that axle? I will be better equipped then to tell you your options.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I'm really impressed with the stuff Poly is putting out right now. There link kits and their new TJ Cage setup is top notch.

MoA, Can you find out or determine what kind of 4 link the 44 is setup for? RK, RE, Clayton etc..... Or if it's setup for a custom or home built setup. If we know that then we can help determine what the geometry that Clifford is talking about means for you.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
The Polly kit looks exactly like the GenRight kit... and actually - all the pictures are the same :confused:

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
The Polly kit looks exactly like the GenRight kit... and actually - all the pictures are the same :confused:
I know. I'm still trying to figure out which one is actually producing the product. :D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btw.. this guy has a custom made setup.. im gonna try and steer away from it for now.. still looking for a d44 tho

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ahhh lets see Poly in the past has only made bushings made of plastics of some type.
Gen Right has always dealt with metal.
The kit is mostly metal.......... I wonder which company built the kit??????
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts