·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar 2" with Fox Shock
Power Stop K2798 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake
Rugged Ridge Wrinkle Black finish hood latches
Rugged Ridge 8pc light guards
Magnaflow 15160 (black dual exit axle back)

Can't wait for parts to start arriving.

Will expand more later but need to run to a meeting :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
LOL it never works as planned. Heck I had mine for sale due to a work thing and then bam I have a bunch of parts coming to mod it anyways. Ill end up keeping the Jeep, I love the thing.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super excited to have some parts coming. Wasn't even considering doing exhaust on this (being a V6) but once I heard the Magnaflow dual exhaust I really liked how it deep and "not" loud it was. Doesn't appear to take to much away from departure angle so should be ok there for what I do. Plan on going with a slightly larger tire later on the stock Rubicon rim later when these wear out, but I really like the look of the 32" tire on the 2" lifts, but when it is time to go bigger I can see going to a 33" or even a 34" tire but keeping it narrow.

The brakes for me were one of the things I wanted most as my brakes have skreeched/squealed since new. I was reluctant to bring it to the dealer since I have read others about the process, turning rotors, replacing pads and multiple trips so I would rather just spend the $375 for pads/rotors and be done with it. I have experience with Powerstop on my F150 build and LOVED them! Quiet, no fade, look great, minimal dust, and outstanding stopping power when in a bind.

As for the lift, I don't have the experience that the majority of the site has on the lifting Jeeps but from the reading on here, on line reviews, and looking through the lift kits myself (and applying the lifting experience that I do have with other platforms) the Mopar was very appealing. My last lift I did on my previous F150 was Fox shocks (2.5" bypass in front and 2" monotube in rear) and enjoyed how they handled off road. Looking forward to them.

The hood latches were something that I have been wanting for some time. I just completed two trips, not that far apart of 1300 miles round trip, and watching the hood dance the entire time, reading the stories on here about some of the failure it was $100 well spent I believe.

As for the light guards, a lot of money for what they do but I like the look.

This should be it for awhile, pretty much have it where I imagined I would if I "did" mod. Possible tuner in the future but can't see spending the money now for what they offer.

Will post before and after pics as well as some install and post install comments.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I wish there was someone close to me to hear the magnaflow, I'd really like a better exhaust but I don't trust listening to sound clips online. Sounds like you are off to a good start, post plenty of pics when everything is installed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I just said the other day and I re-iterate, this forum needs sponsors we can talk to when we feel ourselves getting weak and needing to give in and order stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of weeks and haven't done anything major yet, but have already spent about $1500 on:

Hot Head Headliners / Window Liners / Sound deadening
Hard top hoist
Door Hangers
Trail doors and mirrors (back ordered for a month and still waiting)
Spider Web shade

Still need to decide on and order a soft top

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
That would be like asking a drunk to talk you out of ordering drinks!
It could work.. to a degree.. A sponsor could talk you out of a purchase you might regret, even though that might mean you buy something else instead. I try to use the 'wish list' options online. I add stuff to my wish list instead of buying it right away and I make myself wait at least 24 hours before I buy it.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added the AEV drop brackets and NAVTOOL to the list of parts on the way. Have an offer on a 50" light bar and windshield bracket with 2x4" spot lights to go with them on eBay but the seller hasn't responded.

Some parts start showing up Monday, lift kit hasn't shipped to me yet (going to the dealer 1st apparently).

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
image-2486331709.jpg

Forgot to order fog lights, they are on there way.

Magnaflow and rotors/brakes will be here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brakes installed

image-3946864443.jpg

Front and rears. Stopping feels greatly increased and at last NO Squeaking brakes!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Magnaflow 15160 installed

Love the sound all a around. Not to loud and sounds good at throttle.

image-2972219636.jpg

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
image-3022194629.jpg

Will get better pictures tomorrow. Was getting dark and lighting not so great in the garage apparently.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lift is to be here tomorrow. Started taking the front suspension apart in preparation. Very excited. Seems very straight forward.

Got the AEV drop brackets too and they arrived today.

Excited to see it go up some!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts