Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My '95 YJ came with a hard top. The first thing I did was take it off. The rim around the back seat where the top rested is fairly well scratched and scuffed up. I don't want it to rust. Are there any "L" shaped trim pieces to be found to put there until it cools down and I put the hard top back on? I've looked around, but haven't found any yet.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hardware

Soft top hardware has pieces that go all the way around that area. That won't stop rust. I'd clean it up, tape it off and paint. Check the mounting lip of your hardtop, there should be a rubber seal there, to help prevent those scuffs.
Doesn't sound like the previous owners were to careful R&Ring the top.

Got this picture off eBay

87-95 Jeep Wrangler Half Door Soft Top Channel Hardware | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for another reply, yj93ben. There is what could be a rubber seal stuck to the slant right at the top, all the way around, but nothing on the flat surface where the top actually rests. I'll take a look at the bottom of the top when I go to hang it this afternoon. I'll also see what I can do about painting.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
weather strip

Mine had the same problem, no seal. Went to the hardware store and found thin rubber weather stripping with adhesive backing and stuck it to the mounting lip of the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts