Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to trimming 2 inches off of my stock fender flares...what do you think? I'm pleased with the result.
Tools gathered (safety glasses, gloves, tape measure, needle nose pliers, utility knife) used a strip of metal as a template for scoring the fenders, then went back and cut with the utility knife. Used 1 blade per fender just to keep it sharp. Took about an hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks much better, you did it with a utility knife? thats a hard way especially on a cold day
LOL, I know what you mean....I was wishing it was 20-30 degrees warmer and in the sun while I was out there. Temp was about 45-50. As I was cutting I had the "summertime in Texas" in mind-thinking this would slice through like butter if I had the patience to wait til May.

^^ Thanks CM Martin, I appreciate that!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Looks much better, you did it with a utility knife? thats a hard way especially on a cold day
What's the easier way? I was thinking of doing this as well.

Firemangully... Looks great. I like the idea of using the template to ensure that the line is straight and even.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts