Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trimming my stock fender flares, wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for this project? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
908 Posts
Get a sharp blade, score where you want to cut the fender. You could do it a couple times gradually getting deeper, then you literally peel the excess fender off.
Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
got any before after pics? is it just the side flare , or downward part of that side flare that you are trimming? I see some pics of people saying before and after, but usually to far away for me to notice exactly what was trimmed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
got any before after pics? is it just the side flare , or downward part of that side flare that you are trimming? I see some pics of people saying before and after, but usually to far away for me to notice exactly what was trimmed.
take a photo before you cut, and take another one after you cut.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Thanks! :flipoff:

I knew I would get a good smart-a$$ reply from that, regardless of my edit note... lol!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering if anyone has some close up pics of this so I can figure out how far up to go with my cuts? And I was planning on a chalk line were I want my cuts then scoring with a razor knife, sound about right? Also if you have done this did you also trim the small part that runs parallel with the bottom of your rig? I wasn't sure how that would look?

·
Registered
560 Posts
The first 4 pics are after. Don't mind the spots on fenders :p haha messed that up but did fine in cutting. The last two are old pics of the jeep the summer I got it

I cut 1 inch off the front and 3/4 inch off the rear. I think I'm going to trim rear more though.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys sorry about not posting, had a emergency come up on the weekend I was going to work on this project, and since then between inlaws being in town, work, and general holiday hustle and bustle haven't even started yet! Hopeful I'll get to it this week but also have a new cb to install and a trip to the mountains at the end of the week. If I don't get to it this week I should have some time next week and will post before and after pics with a write up!

@cjs98tj thanks for the pics I think I'm going to try and trim a little more off of mine to make the almost flat

·
Registered
105 Posts
I trimed mine with a razor knife. Just measure and tape so you have good lines. score it and then cut deeper. save my pic and then you can zoom up on it

·
Registered
560 Posts
If there are small mistakes don't worry about it I just used a file and sanded it down. Then I torched so they are smooth

1 - 13 of 13 Posts