Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this might be a dumb question. Recently my trip reader has stopped working (reset it one to many times while moving). I've been looking for a trip gear but all I can find is a speedometer gear. Is there another name for the trip gear?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
there's only 1 gear that drives the speedometer. the odometer is driven by the speedometer, as is the "trip reader". does yer odometer still work? most likely you'll need another speedometer, or, if you can find a shop that rebuilds them, send it out for repair. I know there are places that do that for classic cars.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,802 Posts
Okay so this might be a dumb question. Recently my trip reader has stopped working (reset it one to many times while moving). I've been looking for a trip gear but all I can find is a speedometer gear. Is there another name for the trip gear?
The Factory parts manual is not showing any speedo parts, just the complete head, and lighting. My guess would be either a new speedo head or tear into yours like your repairing a watch and see if it's something a screwdriver can take care of.

Reactions: Luckymac
1 - 3 of 3 Posts