Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new & learning step by step on my 94 yj. I am getting trouble code 76 which is fuel pump bypass relay & bought & installed a new one. I'm still getting 76 & seen that there was a recall for fuel tank sending unit. My question is, would that be why I'm still getting that code? I know they are obviously 2 different parts but both are also associated, so, could it possibly be why I'm still receiving "76"? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question! Not sure how to! Before switching out the relay I was also receiving "47" (battery voltage low", put in new relay & "47" isn't showing, just "76"! …how do you reset as you suggested? Also there was no offense taken!

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
Disconnect your battery for a about 5 minutes and it should reset itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've done that, it all began with finding my battery is being drained by something I haven't pinpointed yet. Alternator is new so it's not that, needs a new starter but is functioning! I can't drive 15 miles on a full charge without my volts dropping to 9 during drive! Through all that the only codes are 12 & 76! I'm stumped

·
Registered
665 Posts
Voltage regulator may be bad. It's built into the ECM, with your jeep running connect a hand held volt meter on the battery should read 13.5-14.5 volts if the regulator is working proper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had 2 50 amp maxi fuses blown seems as of now not draining my battery but still receiving code 76

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've left negative off for 1hr or so & still receiving 76, but battery is doing fine! Is that the correct way to clear codes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts