Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has the problem of putting gas in their jeep.
Mine is a 94yj so the gas cap is under the license plate, but when I squeeze the lever the auto shutoff kicks the pump back off. unless I put the gas in real slow. and it takes forever to fill up. any simple suggestions?
any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah, my 94 has always done that. I just back the nozzle out a little and don;t have as much problems.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Ditto. Same problem on my 94. Some stations are worse than others. Just have to play with it until you find "the spot" that let's you fill it up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
mine is the same way due to the fact that they put such a large vent pipe on the tank back out the filler and it will vent itself

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine does the same. BJs gas pumps always get me. Just play with it and find 'the spot', like mentioned before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has the problem of putting gas in their jeep.
Mine is a 94yj so the gas cap is under the license plate, but when I squeeze the lever the auto shutoff kicks the pump back off. unless I put the gas in real slow. and it takes forever to fill up. any simple suggestions?
any one else have this problem?
Im having the same problem with my 95...isnt there a "fix" beside 'finding the sweet spot'??? I was going to pull the vent tube out all together like Jedi said in his gas tank mod., will this work???

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
the ideal situation is to find your perfect gas station. one that lets you park a little nose down. speeds up the process quite a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
or like i said in a diff. post...try turning the pump handle sideways.. or even upside down and pull it out a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts