Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how hard I pull down on the soft top I can't get the latch to slide over the bracket attached to the windshield. Any suggestions?

TIA

·
Registered
571 Posts
try wrapping a strap/rope around the latch and pulling it forward over the bracket. After it hooks into place, you can slide the strap out.

And yea, the back corners should be left loosened until the front is latched.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip which works great if you are putting the whole top back on but what if you are only putting the front half back on and the back half was never removed?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thanks for the tip which works great if you are putting the whole top back on but what if you are only putting the front half back on and the back half was never removed?
I had this same problem the first time I used my top in the Sunrider configuration, and that was after the top had previously been completely down.

I ended up partially unzipping the windows and releasing the sail panels to get it closed up. This issue goes away after you've used the top a couple times.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I had this same problem the first time I used my top in the Sunrider configuration, and that was after the top had previously been completely down.

I ended up partially unzipping the windows and releasing the sail panels to get it closed up. This issue goes away after you've used the top a couple times.
If its not locking, take it to dealer. I had same issue and they said my tops frame was bent, replaced it and now no problem at all latching it up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you are using just the sunrider feature, DO NOT UNLATCH THE SIDE BRACES(Those side clips above the door frames). If you do, its nearly impossible to get the front latches back on without unhooking the back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kind of a "duh" moment for me, but make sure you open the clamshell clips ALL THE WAY. That is where I found that final 1/2 inch I needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts