Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Jeep Wrangler and love it, but I have really short legs so i have to put the seat so far up that the the steering wheel is too close!? Never had this problem in any of my other cars or SUVs. Any ideas.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just bought my first Jeep Wrangler and love it, but I have really short legs so i have to put the seat so far up that the the steering wheel is too close!? Never had this problem in any of my other cars or SUVs. Any ideas.
Check with RoadiJeff on here I believe he has a solution with some pedal extenders for the vertically challenged:angel:

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Yep, pedal extenders. My wife is 5' tall and she had me put them on so she isn't pressed right up against the airbag while driving. I know I wouldn't want to be against the airbag when it went off.

I'm 5'-11" and I can still drive it without any difficulty with the extenders in place.

I moved the extenders she had on her old car that she traded in over to the Jeep but PedalMates extenders are the ones I'm thinking about getting. With the ones that she's using now the brake pedal extender is a bit wobbly and isn't built as solid or have as many adjusting positions as the PedalMates appear to have from looking at the pics on their website.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I take it these will fit
I'm 5'6" and I have my seat way forward too. It's already in the lowest position.
235 Dollars seems like alot of money to buy on something that *might* not work for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem :)
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look into the Pedal Extensions. Shouldn't this be done at the dealership though??? due to safety/warranty concerns?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts