Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing Trek Armor rear seat covers in my JK. Part of the installation requires the removal of the bolt that attaches the shoulder belt for the middle passenger. It requires an 18MM socket but that bolt is on super tight. Any thoughts on how to remove the bolt?

·
Registered
105 Posts
PaulBordelon said:
I'm in the process of installing Trek Armor rear seat covers in my JK. Part of the installation requires the removal of the bolt that attaches the shoulder belt for the middle passenger. It requires an 18MM socket but that bolt is on super tight. Any thoughts on how to remove the bolt?
I had to use a hammer and bang the wrench until it loosened. Just make sure and really tighten it back when you're done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the hammer route but may give it a shot one more time. The youtube video I found made it look really easy to remove. Yeah, right!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Penetrating oil overnight always helps

·
Registered
298 Posts
Impact wrench if you can get one. I bought a cheapo 12v one and it has worked every time. Even on rusted suspension. Or use a breaker bar. Just make sure your socket is 6 point and not 12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts