Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1950 jeep Willys CJ 3A...converted to 12 volt...solid state ignition...high torque
Starter...rebuilt Carter carb...Rebuilt engine I drive from 8500 feet to 11,400 feet. It runs well when it starts but some times hard to start when cold. Also I can drive under load climbing and then set for 10-15 minutes or so and it has alot of trouble starting. The problem is not vapor lock ( gas line has been run outside the engine compartment). What drives me nuts is there is no rhyme or reason to when it will have trouble starting. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
563 Posts
1950 jeep Willys CJ 3A...converted to 12 volt...solid state ignition...high torque
Starter...rebuilt Carter carb...Rebuilt engine I drive from 8500 feet to 11,400 feet. It runs well when it starts but some times hard to start when cold. Also I can drive under load climbing and then set for 10-15 minutes or so and it has alot of trouble starting. The problem is not vapor lock ( gas line has been run outside the engine compartment). What drives me nuts is there is no rhyme or reason to when it will have trouble starting. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Have you adjusted your carb properly? Your carb could easily be running to rich or to lean. Do you have a manual choke on the carb? I had to choke my carb on my CJ7 in cold weather.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts