Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First new post. I'm just curious if anyone is having trouble with their rear window defroster. The contact on the top driver's side of the glass appears to be corroded and came off. The first time I took it to the dealer they wanted to setup an appointment and attempt to solder it. I didn't see how they were going to do it. I finally took in in only to be told by another service writer that they had to order a new one and it would be in at about a week. It has been over a month. I am now being told it is on national back order and is still 2 weeks out. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Not this issue exactly. But, just about anything needing replacing on a new Jeep will have a back order. That cannot make these things fast enough. So parts are at a premium. I have had some stuff that needed attention, and no single part has been in stock.

Bob K.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had my back glass replaced under warranty due to one of the defrost lines being broke. It took 6 weeks to get the glass in. Although the first 2 weeks was worthless because they didnt order it. After it did get ordered it was 4 weeks until it arrived and 1 day for it and the water pump to be installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have never had this issue with warranty repairs on my Fords. I wanted to make sure they weren't giving me the run around. I'll wait.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The passenger side "button" came off on my 2011. Talking to the dealer also resulted in "we can try soldering it, but will likely have to replace the back window".
Since it doesn't affect the heated mirrors, I just ignore it. There's very little space to look out the back window anyway, and it will only get smaller when I finally go to an Ace rear bumper and 37" spare.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to take the chance on them trying to refuse to replace it if I mess with it. Weather hasn't been too bad here yet so I have managed.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I know this thread has been idle for a while. However, I just found that I have the issue of the tab coming off on my '14 JKU. It appears that the wires for the defroster and the rear wiper were wrapped together about midway...I guess to prevent clutter. Unfortunately, that also may have put undue tension on the defroster wire when the glass is opened as it pulled the tab off from the glass.

Anyone know if they may have wrapped the wires due to some splicing there or just to hold them together?

I have an appointment to take the vehicle in this Friday. We'll see what they have to say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wires were not twisted around each other. Make sure after they install your window that everything matches as it was. I had to have them readjust the new window twice because it scraped the paint off at the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts