Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after i went offroading a couple weeks back my back right tire seems to bend in, and my jeep pulls left. If a normal tire is l then my back right tire is slightly \. Well i had to get on the highway today and got it up to arouynd 60 and then it felt like my jeep started not riding right after that. I offroaded today and on the way home my jeep was pulling way left and is a bumpier ride than normal.

Any ideas?

Sorry i dont have any pics its dark. right now, ill put some up tomorrow.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure its not the rim. the whole wheel looks perfectly fine i think its where the wheel attaches to the axle. sorry i'm still learning how to speak jeep :D

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
So you've bent the axleshaft? I hope your not driving it. Jack up the rear end, Take off the wheel & drum, turn the axleshaft by hand. Is it bent? If no then you've bent your rim, put on your spare and buy a new/used rim. It's actually quite difficult to bent the shaft without breaking it, you would have to have hit the rim/tire REALLY hard to bend the shaft.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just jack the rear end up and put it on stands with the wheels and tires still on, then get someone to go through the gears, atleast up to 25 mph or so, while you watch the back wheels. You will be able to tell if you have a bent axle very quick, it will be wobbling obviously.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Check the track bar, it might be bent or one of its mounts might have torn off where they are welded to the frame or axle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i went out to check this morning and i guess i was overreacting... It may not even be tilted in if it is its ever so slightly. But it still pulls left. Could it just be alignment? or do you still think its the axle shaft??

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Is your tie rod bent? Does the drag link look ok and its normal factory bends look like they are the same as they were?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts