Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was shooting guns and mudriding with friend maybe going a little fast through some of the mud holes and when i went to go back to assphalt roads i noticed a somewhat significant shake in the steering wheel as the jeep got over 35 mph. Dont know that much about mechanics, but my friends said that my tirerods were fine, does anyone else know what the problem could be and a possible resolution.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The first thing to do if you haven't already is get all of the mud off the undercarriage. That can be the issue a lot of times.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
umud inside your rims

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yup. And make sure both the inside and outside of the rinse have no mud. If so it could make your wheels out of balance.

Bryce

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright guys thanks. i washed it off and it seems to be running smoother, havent gotten up to high speed but it seems to be better now

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is exactly why I love this site... A guy came with a question for a simple problem, and he got an answer without judgement or silly remarks. Having been into German cars for a very long time and being a member of many German car forums with all the snobby and idiot remarks, it is AWESOME to see this much comaraderie on this website.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Find a boat launch back down the ramp and sit there awhile. This has worked out great for me everytime.

·
Registered
642 Posts
bhawkdrvr said:
This is exactly why I love this site... A guy came with a question for a simple problem, and he got an answer without judgement or silly remarks. Having been into German cars for a very long time and being a member of many German car forums with all the snobby and idiot remarks, it is AWESOME to see this much comaraderie on this website.
Were all learning!! :thumb:

Bryce

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the vibration is still there after you've cleaned em you could have dislodged a wheel weight. Easy fix would be to rotate the wheels front to back and see what it's like after, or you could just take it in for a wheel balance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts