Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I have heard of some people who have lined their rims with truck bed liner and earlier today I picked up a used set of 31 inch tires and rims, the tires were in great condition but the rims had some surface rust and peeling paint so I stripped down the remaining paint and removed the rust with a wire wheel and am trying to decide whether to repaint them with normal paint or maybe try the truck bed liner. if anyone has any thoughts on this or even experience doing it yourself please let me know how it came out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Well, the rattle can stuff wont stay solid with heat. The real liner is heavy enough to cause balance issues. So... I would not recommend either. A good paint job that you can touch up would be the go to.

Reactions: WillyD

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I used Rustoleum bed liner in a can stuff on my stock rims. Made them look 1000x better as they were getting heavily scratched from trees etc playing around.

This pic is just after I finished it, and now they are more of a satin/matte black now, but still look great imo...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I've used the Rustoleum bedliner on wheels (and almost everything else) before. It works great, and lasts for years. If you're a neat-freak, you might not like that the textured surface holds on to sand though. They never really look "clean" afterwards.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
What I did is have the wheels sand blasted and powder coated matte black. I also had a set professionally painted and the powder coating is holding up better. A little more expensive than rattle cans but lasts a lot longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts