Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question

This is for a JKUR

I am definitely going to be running the MC 2.5/3.5. However, I want my Jeep to be level as well so I'm planning on leaving my TF 1.5 level kit in. My goal is to be at 3.5 over all. I'll have off-road bumpers ~70lbs each as well as a winch to bring the height down. Am I on the right track for an over all ~3.5 net lift? I don't want to go over that and I don't want to be under 3 inches. I want to have stock/stock like fenders and have the ability to go to 37s without issues which is why I don't want to be under 3 inches.

I'm also going to be researching light(er) weight 35" wheels and tires when the time comes so add that to the back weight. I'm not calculating my tires on over all rig height. I know those will give me another 2 inches on top of the 3.5.

Am I on the right track or should I be going with another brand of lift to get me where I need to be?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I would say get the 3.5" and ditch your TF leveling kit. I would not run them both.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Definitely on the right track, definitely go with the 3.5" and don't run the leveling kit, most company's measure the lift height with a loaded jeep.

For example I have 2.5" RK on an unloaded jk and I netted a little over 3" so if I was to load down the jeep wth bumpers and winch etc. I would expect closer to the true 2.5" I have a full size spare (toyo heavy tires) and it sits level

Put the MC 3.5" on and any extra weight you might have in the near future and then add leveling kit/spacer accordingly

3.5" should be PLENTY to clear 35s and even with the weight should be good for 37s

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a pretty tech savvy car guy ( I think). Does the install for the lift require anything out of the ordinary? I have access to a lift so that everything will be eye level and off the ground. But anything that will hold me up? Also, Jon from metal cloak and I have been PMing, great guy btw, and he says that it's built to have a slight rake but to definitely not run the leveling kit and if I want it a little more level I can add 3/4 pucks to the front.

Does anyone know of true 35s that are lighter for 17 rims? I'm a cooper ATP guy but am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am a pretty tech savvy car guy ( I think). Does the install for the lift require anything out of the ordinary? I have access to a lift so that everything will be eye level and off the ground. But anything that will hold me up? Also, Jon from metal cloak and I have ben PMing, great guy btw, and he says that it's built to have a slight take but to definitely not run the leveling kit and if I want it a little more level I can add 3/4 pucks to the front. Does anyone know of true 35s that are lighter for 17 rims? I'm a cooper ATP guy but am open to suggestions.
Goodyear wrangler Mtrs are pretty light I believe low 60s lbs for a 35x12.5x17 I have a set on my Tj and they are great, I would say BFG km2s but a lot people say they run small and arnt true 35s

I have toyo RTs 35x12.5x17 they are about 75lbs per tire, I wish I would've gone with the toyo MTs, they are my favorite looking tire, I avoided them bc of the weight and I wasn't planning on re-gearing but I ended up going 5.13s so next set of tires will be the toyo MTs for me, or if I go 37s I'll probably go light weight so Goodyear Mtrs or BFG km2s

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goodyear wrangler Mtrs are pretty light I believe low 60s lbs for a 35x12.5x17 I have a set on my Tj and they are great, I would say BFG km2s but a lot people say they run small and arnt true 35s I have toyo RTs 35x12.5x17 they are about 75lbs per tire, I wish I would've gone with the toyo MTs, they are my favorite looking tire, I avoided them bc of the weight and I wasn't planning on re-gearing but I ended up going 5.13s so next set of tires will be the toyo MTs for me, or if I go 37s I'll probably go light weight so Goodyear Mtrs or BFG km2s
Do your MTs perform in snow to the level of an AT tire? Did you sipe them? I'm in western va and we get a lot of snow ( see Winter storm Jonas ) haha so I want a good tire to cut through snow.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do your MTs perform in snow to the level of an AT tire? Did you sipe them? I'm in western va and we get a lot of snow ( see Winter storm Jonas ) haha so I want a good tire to cut through snow.
I can't say, I'm on the east coast, Charleston, SC so they've never been in the snow sorry man. No we didn't sipe them.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
snow is no problem but ice they are not as good as an at.

·
Registered
472 Posts
being from canada, with snow from november to april, i can definitely tell you that every kind of mt's aren't the way to go in snow especially in cold weather. That said, my winter tires are goodyear duratrac 315/70r17 (34.4inches) and they are the best 35's for winter. Oh yeah i forgot, they are light weight.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
being from canada, with snow from november to april, i can definitely tell you that every kind of mt's aren't the way to go in snow especially in cold weather. That said, my winter tires are goodyear duratrac 315/70r17 (34.4inches) and they are the best 35's for winter. Oh yeah i forgot, they are light weight.
I'm not one to have two sets of tires mainly because I don't have the space to store them! However, I know I could, but how are the duratracs as summer tires?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts