Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm new to the Jeep World with a recently purchased Wrangler. To buy my Jeep I sold a GMC Sierra SLE with a 8 inch Cognito lift with 35x12.50x22's with all the bells and whistles and it was good while it lasted [ VERY EXPENSIVE ].
So I have NO desire to go back to lifted vehicles and plan on keeping my Jeep stock.
I've seen what crazy things people do to their Jeeps and I'm thinking '' Why so extreme '' probably what they were saying about me in my truck ''. :winner: and this is my personal opinion, a Jeep should be just that....a Jeep. Not trying to keep up with ''show trucks'' or make it look like something from outer space.

I look at a Jeep with a lift rolling on 40's and 30 lights on it with a winch that'll probably never get used and just wave, yes I learned about the Jeep wave :bop: thinking that baby would look bad ass STOCK! but it's your money, do as you please.... but don't judge me when you see me in my stock Jeep with a big smile on my face, just wave :iamhappy:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jeepers use their Jeeps.

Jeep owners own Jeeps but never use them for what they're built for.

If you're offroading a stock Jeep then you're a Jeeper. There are a large number of people who build for "the look" but never even see a gravel road. It's their money.

Which you are is up to you. There is a signature on this forum that says Jeepers don't look down on Jeep owners. Jeepers and Jeep owners have a symbiotic relationship. Jeep owners supply Jeepers with clean used Jeeps that haven't been abused. I think it's spot on.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Jeeps are fully capable as a Jeep right out the door, so no need to do anything to it if you don't want/need to. Beyond that, no need to spare a flyin' one for what anyone else thinks.
Welcome aboard.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
A good percentage of the time a lifted PU with big wheels and a loud exhaust signifies a short guy with a small penis. Jeeps are a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I personally prefer a Jeep that looks stock on the out side, but all the magic is truly on the inside/underside where it really counts :) plus a Jeep is a Jeep, just have fun with it and make it your build...that what I am doing with mine......here are some pictures of my Jeep in various states of the build, don't have a picture in its most current form, but really the only thing I have done since these was change the marker lamps out with the Euro repeater lamps, thats it....still looks factory AF!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I guarantee people see my jeep and peg me as a wannabe. My jeep is spotless never had the top off and my finger nails are clean lol.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
So much judgement, jeeper= has jeep. what you do with it to make yourself happy,, whatever. I like to crawl rocks so i build for that, i like overland so i built one for that. Whatever youre plans are there are certain things that should be done, judging isnt one of them.
agreed, I build my Jeep for how I live my life, and while I don't have much off roading around where I live I built it with being a daily driver first, fun second....or is it the other way around......:D

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Reactions: Haust

·
Registered
68 Posts
The only wannabes are the people who insist on separating "real" Jeepers from the wannabes. Just enjoy your jeep and stop worrying about what other people think or do.
Best response IMO. Since coming back into the Jeep world I have not been able to understand this desire to separate and compartmentalize other people who have a Jeep.

Why does it matter? Unless you are making the payment and paying for the insurance, it doesn't.

Happy Jeepin,

Dan

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Best response IMO. Since coming back into the Jeep world I have not been able to understand this desire to separate and compartmentalize other people who have a Jeep.

Why does it matter? Unless you are making the payment and paying for the insurance, it doesn't.

Happy Jeepin,

Dan
It's what people do.
Tribalism.
Bolster self esteem by putting down others.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
It's what people do.

Tribalism.

Bolster self esteem by putting down others.

That can be true but it goes deeper than that. For humans there is a fear of being “unsafe” and not in control. Things are categorized, organized, grouped, and labeled to feel a sense of control. Things that cannot be controlled or understood are often considered a threat. This occurs to a greater degree with the primitive thinker.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
That can be true but it goes deeper than that. For humans there is a fear of being “unsafe” and not in control. Things are categorized, organized, grouped, and labeled to feel a sense of control. Things that cannot be controlled or understood are often considered a threat. This occurs to a greater degree with the primitive thinker.
....so then we build a wall, right?

Reactions: Haust

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Reactions: Hilldweller

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
yea that only modified jeeps can crawl over now you are on to some thing.
You know, you get a small group of us together, a bit of beer and something to eat, I bet we could solve all of the world's problems in a weekend.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
....so then we build a wall, right?
You think big, but I was thinking more along of lines of starting a Jeep club that did not allow Toyotas. IH Scouts and old Blazers are fine though.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts