Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to start tracking this as a build from this point. I am using this to track for myself, especially the custom work I am starting.
This JKU is my daily and only driver. It was supposed to be just a basic lift and tires .... and has since ...uhm.... escalated.
I started with a 2013 JK Unlimited Sport S True Blue soft top with 3.73 gears due to the max tow package.
Several installs by 4WheelParts, paint by TopCoat:
  • Teraflex 2.5 spring lift 1351000
  • Teraflex exhaust spacer 2610000
  • Teraflex Front LCAs 1653700
  • Teraflex monster HD front track bar 1753418
  • Teraflex tuned Fox shocks with reservoirs 1980200
  • Teraflex HD rear hinge and tire carrier 4838150
  • Teraflex .5 rear spacer 1954105-2 (to keep the springs on)
  • 315/70/17 GoodYear Duratrac tires
  • Fuel D552 Trophy Anthracite 17" wheels
  • Black Gorilla Lug Nuts
  • Delta lug lites 01-6581-50
  • stainless steel brake line extension (I think Teraflex 4353300)
  • rear breather hose extension
  • Riddler RD30 and RD44 Diff Covers, custom painted Anthracite
  • EVO gussets
  • Grade 9 bolts
My installs, some less useful than others:
  • KN Filter and Mopar mats ( dealership )
  • AEV Procal module 30406007AG
  • Mopar tail light guards, fuel door, and door step plates
  • SPOD and Source 600-12
  • AntennaX 24" CB-look antenna
  • Rigid industries D1 Spot, vertical mount, covers
  • Drake grill insert JP-190008-BLACK
  • Drake hood hold-downs JP-190001-K, black turnbuckles JP-190001/21
  • Mopar RubiX/10A hood, painted True Blue
  • Carolina Metal Masters hood desnubbers and footman loop
  • Trucklite gen 2 headlights (thank you Northridge!!)
  • Smittybilt classic side guard step (need to get rust removed again and get repainted, required a mallet to isntall)
Have but not installed yet: Mopar hood lift, Mopar hood lock
Other stuff: Rotopax storage, Teraflex jack mount 4838200 and rotopax mount 4838230, hiLift jack, hiLift modular shovel set, recovery straps, 3/4 shackles, etc, handheld cobra CB HH-38-WX-ST, AEV Jack base 40306002AB

Forthcoming in April:
  • Rock Slide Engineering Rear bumper (no Carrier)
  • Warrior 596 front bumper, custom painted to match RS-E
  • AFE hightuck exhaust

Wanted:
  • LED fog light replacement (Brand /model choice pending) with custom PSX24W harness (CANBUS flicker fix) -needed due to bumper and PSX24W fog wiring harness on 2012up JKs
  • front bumper skid
  • D-Rings (Brand/model pending)
  • Winch (Brand/model pending), Synthetic rope
  • Custom Carolina Metal Masters hawse and grab bar
  • Battery (Brand/model pending), dual battery tray, fuse and quick disconnect - needed for winch
  • custom modular shade (started)
  • custom overhead console for custom camera, video and CB (started)
  • custom rear security deck
  • led rock lights (purchased not installed)
  • underbody skid system, including lca skids

And then next steps, build level 2:
LCOG with 36/37 tires: front 44 w/gears, knuckles, balljoints, CAs,.. and fender flares
custom roof rack and light mount

plug for great vendors and shops: 4WheelParts Raleigh,Steve White Motors,Carolina Metal Masters,Carolina Truggies,East Coast Gear Supply, and an extra special thanks to Northridge4x4

Attachments

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Nice build!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Which wheels and tires?
Thanks!

The wheels are FUEL D552 - TROPHY
Matte Anthracite (also listed as granite or gunmetal depending on website page or advertisement) w/ Black Ring and anthracite bolts, though the wheel is one piece in that the ring isn't removeable and isn't a beadlock ( they do sell a forged beadlock version of this same wheel, D105)
17"x8.5", 4.50 backspacing (-6ET)
Fuel does have replacement bolt numbers if you want the bolts to match the ring: decorative bolt Matte Black M8x7MB, Matte Granite M8x7MG

I wanted to find a wheel that cleared out a bit from the wheel well without spacers. Finding an 8.5 width wheel with backspacing less than 5" was harder than I though it would be. they do sell this same wheel with 5" backspacing in 17x8.5 and 18x9.

The tires are 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs that worked out to about 34.5" on the Jeep. They are light and work pretty well as All terrains though I will probably go to MT tires when these wear out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good to see another local person on here! I'm all too familiar with the Raleigh 4WheelParts store. Your Jeep is looking great so far!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you like the sound of your exhaust? and what size is it, 2.5 or 3 inch?
I have the 2.5 inch. I like the sound, though it does sound more sports car than truck, it still sounds better than stock.... it makes sounds. I had (probably a little too much) fun in a parking garage exit yesterday.... I could actually hear the jeep for once!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the 2.5 inch. I like the sound, though it does sound more sports car than truck, it still sounds better than stock.... it makes sounds. I had (probably a little too much) fun in a parking garage exit yesterday.... I could actually hear the jeep for once!!!
Cool! I ordered the 3 inch and they just shipped it today. Should have it in a week or two. I'm excited to have a nice sounding Jeep, and to have the ugly stock muffler out of there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice Jeep.., did your spare fit the stock carrier? Or did you install the Teraflex carrier for weight concern. Also, with the .5 spacer added, did you need the brake line extensions and rear bracket mod? I may duplicate with my 2014 because I like this stance a lot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice Jeep.., did your spare fit the stock carrier? Or did you install the Teraflex carrier for weight concern. Also, with the .5 spacer added, did you need the brake line extensions and rear bracket mod? I may duplicate with my 2014 because I like this stance a lot.
the spare does fit the stock, but the Teraflex carrier and hinge were a peace of mind thing.
the carrier has had some issues reported on the heavier items or construction flaws, though I think Teraflex has since corrected the design. I will be rethinking the carrier if I move up a size on the tires when the current ones are done, and possibly moving to a custom basket carrier.

I had the brake line extensions in the initial build for anticipation of later mods; I never checked to see if I actually I needed it.

I don't have a rear bracket mod (yet) though I do anticipate a rear track bar and bracket mod when I need rear control arms for moving up tire sizes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks DROJK and mikeJKUR!

UPDATE to build:

I built a custom shade and looked good, but the material I got for sun shade was chemically treated and smelled like formaldehyde in the sun so I ditched it.
Instead I got the trekArmor Full View Sunshade and love it!

I also realigned and bought a Tuffy rear security enclosure instead of custom building, for now. works great, fast install.
I will probably still build my own when I get a chance, but wanted something now so I could use for stacking stuff for trips and security for the summer.

Hopefully tomorrow the bumpers and accessories go on.
Rock Slide Engineering Rear bumper (no tire Carrier) AL with rear light openings slight textured black from RS-E.
Warrior 596 front bumper (D-Ring, winch mount, no brush guard) accessory black.
Smittybilt XRC 9.5K winch w/synthetic rope, XRC fairlead
Hella Micro DE 2" fogs w/ 25W H3 halogen bulbs - should be fine for direct wiring to fogs, bought parts to make a 2502/PSX24W to H3 plug and play.
Possibly a Hanson AL front skid plate if it arrives in time and fits, though I may wait until I can paint it first.

I also still need a name for this jeep so that I can order the Carolina Metal Masters hawse fairlead and grab bar.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts