Hi All,
Looking to purchase soon and I just got a quote from truecar.com for:
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Soft Top
Sport S
Auto
Connectivity
$27,178

I don't need you guys to tell me that this is a good deal. But someone tell me how this could be true? Plus this doesn't include rebates like conquest. Would love to know others experience through this truecar.com site.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Submit your request if you are happy with the price and see what happens. However, you should be able to do better if you do the negotiations directly thru several dealers yourself.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Purchased a 2011 after visiting truecar.com and got a very good deal. I had contacted dealers before using the site and the costs of the vehicle was higher. Used truecar.com and got what was considered 'Great Price' at that time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We do TrueCar deals on a daily basis. TrueCar is Zag. This is the same company that powers the USAA/American Express/US News/Insurance Company Buying Services. Their deals are better than you can negotiate unless you catch the dealer at the right time of the month and you're a skilled negotiator. Their price structure on 2012s is a guaranteed amount under invoice, less all applicable rebates and incentives.

The dealer is only bound to your price guarantee if the EXACT vehicle you built is in their inventory. If they do a dealer trade to get it in, they don't have to honor the price. Most still will, but will charge a small driver's fee to get the car (never more than $150, and that's only if the car is over 300 miles away). Also, be sure to confirm your options with the dealers that contact you. Some of the TrueCar leads I get are a jumbled mess of option codes that can't be combined, like a 23B package wrangler with the power convenience group. They haven't spent enough time getting their car builder to match Jeep's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CoryS-at-BobBakerCJD said:
We do TrueCar deals on a daily basis. TrueCar is Zag. This is the same company that powers the USAA/American Express/US News/Insurance Company Buying Services. Their deals are better than you can negotiate unless you catch the dealer at the right time of the month and you're a skilled negotiator. Their price structure on 2012s is a guaranteed amount under invoice, less all applicable rebates and incentives.

The dealer is only bound to your price guarantee if the EXACT vehicle you built is in their inventory. If they do a dealer trade to get it in, they don't have to honor the price. Most still will, but will charge a small driver's fee to get the car (never more than $150, and that's only if the car is over 300 miles away). Also, be sure to confirm your options with the dealers that contact you. Some of the TrueCar leads I get are a jumbled mess of option codes that can't be combined, like a 23B package wrangler with the power convenience group. They haven't spent enough time getting their car builder to match Jeep's.
Thanks for that feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts