Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say Happy New Year to all you Jeepers.:punk:
Now, has anybody in here ever installed a trunk light activated by the tailgate (rear door)? Maybe also wired somehow with the dome light switch? This is for a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. I found myself in need of that feature this weekend, never thought I would. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Laters,

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I've wanted to do this for a while, a general "lighting" upgrade, a brighter center light, brighter under dash lights, and maybe an extra light somewhere.

I'm sure you could get an extra door switch like on the front doors and drill a hole in the tub to install it, then run the wire how they are for the door.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i too am interested. i have a factory hard top and there is a light with a bulb but has no power. does anybody know how make this work?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
People have wired lights but there are enough stick-on cheap led lights on the market, why bother to hard wire ir. You can get small round battery lights anywhere.

i too am interested. i have a factory hard top and there is a light with a bulb but has no power. does anybody know how make this work?

The hardtop light is wired in through the harness that connects the wiper and defrost. If yours was a softop model and the hard top was added you do not have the wiring. (lights were on 97-00 so if you TJ was 03+ and you had the wiring, it would not match up) I have the plug pin out. I can post it later. You could wire power from you light circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts