Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brands of tires come closest to the sidewall markings (or at least to published specs)? My BFG KO2s 34x10.5R17 measure about 32.5" on the spare (on 9" wide rim, 35 psi inflation). Published spec is 33.5" diameter. I know BFG sizes small, but I did not realize how much smaller than spec. Probably not fair to compare to loaded tires, since these will compress with the weight of the Jeep.

Any brands that measure closer to spec?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Which brands of tires come closest to the sidewall markings (or at least to published specs)? My BFG KO2s 34x10.5R17 measure about 32.5" on the spare (on 9" wide rim, 35 psi inflation). Published spec is 33.5" diameter. I know BFG sizes small, but I did not realize how much smaller than spec. Probably not fair to compare to loaded tires, since these will compress with the weight of the Jeep.

Any brands that measure closer to spec?
Interco and pitbulls run true to marked size. I would say of the more popular tires toyo and Nitto (they are made by Toyo) are closer than most. I also have a set of Cooper ST maxx's that run fairly close ie 285/75-17 and actual mounted on the jeep are 33.25. I had a set of KO2 34x10.5-17 and on the jeep were 32.25. Nice tires tho just a bit smaller than I wanted. If they were a true 33.25 I would still have them.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
As previously said Interco and Pitbull. I've seen quite a few Interco that actually measured taller and wider than specified. Both brands are very expensive.

Most Nittos measure about 1 inch under stated size compared to other brands measure 1.5-2 inches under.

Toyo really depends on. Which tire and size it is. I saw a 40x13.50r17 Toyo mounted and it measured a bit under 38. Their 37s measure much closer.

Pro Comp tires run pretty big as well. My 40x13.50 measures 39x14.25 under the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts