Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.
I'm creating a trail meet. Nothing fancy, you dont need a lifted truck to get through, but you do need 4WD. There is mud, water, dirt, rocks and climbing involved. Best to have a truck with 4LO which really helps going down.

These trails are LEGAL but to be on the safe side we will all meet at the Putnam CT walmart in the back of the lot. (not the back of building, just the back side of the front parking lot farthest away from the building) which is about 5-7 minutes away from the trail entrance. While at walmart you can get food since i beleive its a supercenter and has a deli and get whatever you need. Maybe even go grocery shopping before the meet. .. We will start at 11am, only because it gets dark quick now and I dont know how far people will travel to get there. Course is about 12 miles long, and should take about 2.5 - 3 hours to complete.

There are some beautiful scenes out there on somes hills and some cool picture taking spots. I will be posting this on the Tacoma world forums as well hopefully to get a turn out. Please share!

Any questions please ask! Save the date.

November 19th- Saturday - 11 am. Putnam CT walmart.

Be Courteous, as the trail road is very quiet and doesnt see much traffic. Please follow the path or the guide, as trails that lead off the map trails are private property.

If you see horses on this trail, PLEASE stop and stay put until they have passed by as a courtesy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. If I can get a sitter I'll be there.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Awesome! Already got some tacoma guys to come as well. This forum is not as busy as the Tacoma world one so hopefully we can gets some jeeps out there as well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
unfortunately will be out of town for this next trip. Definitely want to make an appearance for one of these RI outings

We should create a designated trip planning thread on here, maybe in the North East section, just like they have on the tacoma forum. Maybe if a few of us can keep it active, it will get some light and others will follow.

:punk:
:drinks:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unfortunately will be out of town for this next trip. Definitely want to make an appearance for one of these RI outings

We should create a designated trip planning thread on here, maybe in the North East section, just like they have on the tacoma forum. Maybe if a few of us can keep it active, it will get some light and others will follow.

:punk:
:drinks:
Hopefully! Id be on board for you to create one, if you create one we can share it at the meet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doing a test Role call for Saturday:

Who's coming to the meet?

Ill do a final Count Friday night about 8PMish so check back.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CJ im in for sure. What is the meeting place ? And what time? I have work at 4 I can push to five. Just need to know travel time and such
We are meeting at the Walmart in Putnam, CT this Saturday at 11AM. Its only 9 minutes from the Trail Entrance in RI. Should be done about 3-3:30ish.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Final rollCall

Here's the final Roster so far unless others join in: Potentially we have 19 rigs coming!!

From Tacoma World:
Chapin
mach1man001
TacoBell007
Bruce988jl - Meeting at the trails
Nicetacobro - Meeting at the trails
baddNA - Meeting at the trails
lukemar - potentially?
jpereira2
70toy45
LEAthermatt - Potentially?
DoubleRGirl - Potentially?

Form the Wrangler Forum:
@mmello13
@WranglerMatt223
@JRG413
@samst2055 - Bringing a few other Jeeps

Location Info Again:
Time: 11AM (We leave at 11:10/11:15 or sooner if everyone arrives)
Meeting: Walmart parking lot (Front Parking lot towards the back) in Putnam, CT. Its a 9 Minute drive from to the trails from there.
Should be about 3 hour to complete the full 12 mile course.
** This is a horse trail as well so if you see horses, please stop where you are and continue when the horses pass**

1 - 20 of 42 Posts