Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am Tyler, I've always wanted a Jeep, finally got one last week. It doesn't have a CD player and I want to put one in but
A.) Don't have the Stereo bought
B.) Don't know how to install it when I get it.

Any suggestions on a good priced stereo that would fit would be appreciated, and also helpful tips on how to install it would be great too!

Tyler
~1997 Wrangler Sport

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have a Boss Audio 835UI with an IPC cable.. Stock speakers and I love it. It's only 90 plus 10 for the cord.. Best stereo I've had. Gotta buy an adapter kit.. Pretty simple installation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Go to your local best buy pick out a deck and like speakers (same company) and they'll basically install it for free. Only other stuff you'll need to buy is a kit and a harness. You can get away for around $250 with tax and a lifetime warranty on the install.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Go to your local best buy pick out a deck and like speakers (same company) and they'll basically install it for free. Only other stuff you'll need to buy is a kit and a harness. You can get away for around $250 with tax and a lifetime warranty on the install.

That's the easy way out, for sure, and not really a bad way to do it.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Pretty much any standard single din headunit will fit...buy the one you like. Pick up a wire harness adapter for it and an installation kit for the Jeep.

Installation is really simple...search around on here...there's a good write-up. I'd highly recommend learning to do this stuff yourself. It's not rocket science at all...but it's just enough of a pain in the butt that it'll help you get used to doing these kinds of projects on a regular basis without having to get help/pay someone to do it.

The hardest part with the radio installation is removing the stocker...there's a bar in the back that needs removed and it takes a little flexibility to unbolt it. The write-up will explain it I believe...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd order something from Crutchfield, they'll make sure you get the right wiring harness adapter and dash kit. From there it should be pretty much plug and play. And as already mentioned, that anti-theft or whatever bar behind the radio is the toughest thing, but it still shouldn't take but a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'd order something from Crutchfield, they'll make sure you get the right wiring harness adapter and dash kit. From there it should be pretty much plug and play. And as already mentioned, that anti-theft or whatever bar behind the radio is the toughest thing, but it still shouldn't take but a few minutes.
^^This. They will send you instructions for exactly how to install your stuff, plus they have pretty good tech support if you need it, too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quadratec has a good variety of radios at good prices and they are plug and play set-ups come with very thing you need for the install they are year specific for your model of Jeep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts